The Franklin House, located at 80 South Paint Street in Chillicothe, was built in 1907 for Elizabeth, Charles, and Marianne Franklin -- the children of Mary and Gustavus Franklin. They were the sole owners of the home before Estelle McKell purchased it from their estate in 1972 and donated it to the Ross County Historical Society. The house was designed by noted early twentieth-century Ohio architect, Frank Packard, and exemplifies the stylistic ideals of the Arts & Crafts movement including many beautiful stained glass windows. Inside can be found exhibits of late nineteenth through mid twentieth-century home furnishings, decorative arts, clothing, coverlets, quilts, and other household and personal items -- many of which belonged to the Franklins. The original interior and exterior architectural details remain largely untouched from the time the house was built more than a century ago. Tours of the Franklin House begin at the Ross County Heritage Center (45 West Fifth Street) during regular operating hours.